lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: Using lwip for writing a minimal HTTP proxy

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: Using lwip for writing a minimal HTTP proxy
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:16:07 +0100

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 15:15 +0530, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Can you show us how you create the two netifs?
>
> The ECOS ethernet driver sets up the interface as follows:
>
> netif_add()
> if (<configured as default>)
>         netif_set_default()
> netif_set_up()

It was the argument values you're giving to those functions that I was
particularly interested in, but I think you've already got to the bottom
of the problem so not really necessary anymore.

> One way to workaround this is to change the default interface to the
> second i/f (the one which connects me to the other server) when it
> comes up i.e gets an addr from DHCP.
>
> Do you think it's a good idea to change the def interface at runtime?

Should be fine, but I think you should be able to set eth1 as the
default from the beginning.

> I need the first interface(eth0) to be the default one, otherwise the
> DHCP server running on it won't work.

I'd be interested in why DHCP server doesn't work on a non-default
interface.  Can you explain why?  If it did you could just have eth1 as
the default interface to start with.

Kieran