lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Unix Contrib

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Unix Contrib
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:38:46 +0100

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 17:28 +0200, Guido Moritz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up the contrib for lwIP for my Linux. But it doesn't
> work and after 2 days of looking for the error I'm saturated enough to
> ask you for some help.
> I made the "simhost" example starting. I can also ping it. but
> whenever I request another part of the example (Web Server, Telnet,
> ...) I get the below posted output:
> Host at 192.168.5.2 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.5.1
> System initialized.
> TCP/IP initialized.
> Applications started.
> Assertion "sys_timeout: timeout != NULL" failed at line 195 in
> ../../../../../lwip/src/core/sys.c
>
> Is this a known bug? And how can it be solved? Thanks for helping ...

It's not a known bug, at least not known to me.  Despite being the
maintainer of the unix port (largely because no one else volunteered,
and I think it's important to have it) I've not been able to test it
recently, so it wouldn't surprise me if I'd made a mistake updating it
for 1.3.0.

Has anyone else run this port recently and can verify Guido's problem?

The error comes from a failure to allocate memory from lwIP's pool.
Have you made any changes to the lwipopts.h header as part of the
unixsim example?  It could just be that the value specified there for
MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT is too small.  The unixsim example sets it to 3,
but I notice that the windows port uses 15.  You could try experimenting
with this setting.

Kieran