lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] out of pbuf's

From: Mark Six
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] out of pbuf's
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:27:18 +0200

Jonathan thanks for your reaction.

> But if your hypothesis is correct, then turning off TCP_QUEUE_OOSEQ may be
> a good idea. You can't expect to be able to use every nice feature when you
> have limited memory.

I've turned off the TCO_QUEUE_OOSEQ and indeed the problems are over.

I was thinking it is perhaps possible to optimize the oos queue some more:

If the data in a pbuf isn't much (and the pbuf must be placed on the oos
queue), the data can be copied from one pbuf to another, thereby freeing one
pbuf.  If the data is much the pbuf are chained together as it is now.

If the data in the pbuf's isn't much, the penalty for copying is also not
much. But there will be a lot more pbuf's free for reception, making the
dropping of packets less.

I haven't had much time to take a look of the internals of the lwip-stack,
therefore I don't know if it is possible.