lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] vTaskResume( xTaskHandle): How to resume a taskquickly?

From: FreeRTOS.org Info
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] vTaskResume( xTaskHandle): How to resume a taskquickly?
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:43:16 -0000

> I use vTaskSuspend( xTaskmyHandle) to suspend myTask. And
> later on, I use vTaskResume to resume myTask. It seems
> working fine. However, when I resume myTask, it took about
> more than 5 minute to resume myTask? Is there any way to
> resume a task quickly (less than 30 sec)? Is the tick (to
> resume a task) adjustable?

Five minutes!  That is nothing to do with the resume mechanism itself.
Resuming a task simply moves a task from the Suspended list to the Ready
list - an operation that will take maybe a microsecond or two.  Once in the
ready list the task will only run if it is the highest priority task in the
Ready list.

If your task is not running for five minutes then it is a symptom of another
problem, not the mechanism by which the task is resumed.  Maybe the task is
being starved of processing time?

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
14 official architecture ports, 5000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
Certified by TÜV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems.