lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: PBUF Leak Problems...

From: Thomas Catalino
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: PBUF Leak Problems...
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:26:45 -0400

Absolutely agree, sys_mbox_post cannot block.

One other side effect of our bug was that the socket's rcvevent count was now out of whack with mailbox. Just an FYI.

Sizing the mailbox to hold all pbufs is a reasonable solution I think (given the goal of lightweight), in our case we have tons of sockets (25) -- our application is not so lightweight!

Just an FYI, reducing the TCP_WND is not, however, a completely foolproof remedy. Our TCP_WND happens to be pretty low (2920) -- this does throttle the outstanding data on the wire for a single TCP connection, but does not (directly) effect the amount of data in the mailbox -- since the window is not tied to the emptying of the mailbox.

Thanks,
Tom