lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Re: PBUF Leak Problems...

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Re: PBUF Leak Problems...
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 08:16:50 +0200

> We are seeing a lot of OOSEQ packets. It it looking to us like when
this
> happens our processing load / cpu utilization is increasing
significantly.
> Have you observed anything like this?

> If true, this seems to be having a cascading effect where the
application
> does not get enough cpu time to drain data from the API quickly enough
--
> which seems to be resulting in us overflowing the mailbox between the
stack
> and the API (we are using the sockets API). This looks like where we
are
> losing pbufs. At least it is the first place we have found.

This is a known limitation of the lwIP sys layer. You have to make sure
the
mailbox functions don't fail :-( If so, the only thing you can do is to
assert
and make them better.

A solution for the future would be to have a return value in
sys_mbox_post, so
the calling code can react on it (e.g. freeing a pbuf on overload...)

Simon