lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help regarding packet arrival times.

From: K.J. Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help regarding packet arrival times.
Date: 30 Sep 2004 10:12:04 +0100

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 09:58, N V Krishna wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, K.J. Mansley wrote:
>
> #On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 09:44, N V Krishna wrote:
> #> Exactly. That's what I am doing -- I am trying to add code to measure the
> #> time. I am not too well versed with the code. [ I am getting to know it
> #> better, every day. ] I wanted some pointers to help me find a place in the
> #> code to place the probes. Yes, I am aware of the effect the "probe" will
> #> have on the timing. I am ready to test that.
> #
> #OK.  Do you need to know when a packet is received by the TCP/IP stack,
> #or by the simhost application itself?  Are you using tun/tap to connect
> #the stack to the network?
>
> Yes, I want to know when the simhost gets the packet.

That should be fairly straightforward then.  Look through the source of
the apps that use simhost (eg. tcpecho.c, shell.c) for calls to the
"netconn_recv()" function.  This is where the simhost application will
receive data.  In the case of the httpd.c application, look for the
"http_recv()" function: this is called whenever there is new data.

Hope that helps,

Kieran