lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help regarding packet arrival times.

From: N V Krishna
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help regarding packet arrival times.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:58:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, K.J. Mansley wrote:

#On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 09:44, N V Krishna wrote:
#> Exactly. That's what I am doing -- I am trying to add code to measure the
#> time. I am not too well versed with the code. [ I am getting to know it
#> better, every day. ] I wanted some pointers to help me find a place in the
#> code to place the probes. Yes, I am aware of the effect the "probe" will
#> have on the timing. I am ready to test that.
#
#OK.  Do you need to know when a packet is received by the TCP/IP stack,
#or by the simhost application itself?  Are you using tun/tap to connect
#the stack to the network?

Yes, I want to know when the simhost gets the packet. Yes, I am using
tun/tap to connect the stack to network.

Thanks.
Krishna
P.S.: I could understand most of the TCP/IP code and know where to edit,
if I want the same for TCP/IP.