lwip-users

Re: [Rtl] Re: [lwip-users] problem of rtl-lwip!

From: Leon Brits
Subject: Re: [Rtl] Re: [lwip-users] problem of rtl-lwip!
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:49:56 +0200

Hi all,

Can somebody explain to me the strange debug messages received via dmesg...

My steps are:
# insmod rtl_malloc.o
Output:
        (nothing)
Questions:
        None

# insmod rtl_3c905cx_drv.o
Output:
        RT-Linux driver for the Ethernet Card 3Com905c-x being loaded

        Registered device 3Com905C-X: /dev/eth major number 204

Questions:
1. If I want to open the device directly (not through the stack) must I use /dev/eth or /dev/eth0? 2. If I have more than one 3COM card how do I discriminate between the 'eth' devices?

# insmod rtl_lwip_stack.o
Output:
        RTLinux TCP/IP stack inserted. linux thread id: 0xe0b02164

         System initialized.
        TCP/IP initialized.
        rtl_posixio: dev entry /dev/rtl0 not found
        ERROR OPENING /dev/eth0
        ERROR:Not enough memory!!!
        rt_rtl8139 interface added to netif list
        rt_rtl8139 set as default
eth0: Setting full-duplex based on MII #24 link partner capability of 45e1.

Questions:
1. Why is the Realtek8139 detected and added! if I haven't loaded its module (the device is present in the computer)

Thanks
Leon