lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Using lwip on small controller

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Using lwip on small controller
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 22:14:47 +0200

Hello Tom,

I discovered lwip yesterday while looking for some information on tcpip stacks. I've got a small controller with a couple of io and two serial ports. The idea is to connect to the internet with this controller via gprs. I can do the whole gprs connection setup, but I need some kind of tcpip library so that I can talk to different servers on the internet. I'm posting this because I'm trying to find out if I'll be able to use lwip for something like this ? Any ideas, comments and pointers on how I would start to do this would be welcome.

Yes, perfectly so. lwIP is a very complete TCP/IP (v4) stack.

For starters, download a recent version either from CVS or as an archive, as well as the "contrib" module.

The contrib module contains many working glue code to use lwIP in different real-world platforms (compilers, network drivers, processors,
with or without operating system support).

Also, your might want to browse through the mailing list archives.

There has at least been one company on the list using lwIP with GPRS
with success.

Regards,

Leon.