lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DEBUGF & ASSERT

From: Zschocke, Florian
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DEBUGF & ASSERT
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:12:00 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote on Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2003 12:18:

> In fact, on looking a bit closer, ASSERT was renamed to
> LWIP_ASSERT back in February, so that should be ok already.
> I'll rename DEBUGF though if no one else objects.

While we are at it, I'd like to add another thought. Currently ASSERT and
DEBUGF are both turned on and off with the LWIP_DEBUG setting. This gave me
quite a headache since this meant that memp_sanity() got called in
memp_free() which is a tremendous CPU hog.

Could we please have seperate macros to turn DEBUGF and ASSERT on and off?
I, and maybe others, would like to use debug info while not adding the extra
overhead of the checks in ASSERT.

Florian.