lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] a possible bug

From: James Roth
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] a possible bug
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:28:06 -0000

Mumtaz Ahmad wrote:

>There is a possible bug in pbuf_init function .There is a for loop inside it
> for(i = 0; i < PBUF_POOL_SIZE; ++i)
>where is i is declared us  byte field . If some one initializes
>PBUF_POOL_SIZE to greater 255 then the loop fails to initialize Pbuf pool
>properly and the system behaves in strange manner.
>
>Regards
>Mumtaz Ahmad
>       _o
>    _< \_
>   (_) >(_)
>

>[This message was sent through the lwip discussion list.]

    I've seen this sort of thing in a few places.  On my system, using
types smaller than int results in slower code and more space being used.
 This is true for many risc cpu's.  Perhaps there should be an
additional data type for general purpose int's (or just use int itself?).

--
James Roth
Shugyo Design Technologies