lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Little/Big -endian

From: Horst Garnetzke
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: [lwip] Little/Big -endian
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:28:05 -0000

Hi Mikael,

I'm running lwip with motorola 68302 processor (big endian).

Mikael Lundberg wrote:

> Hi.
> If I want to change to Big endian, what changes will I have to do?
> My changes so far is:
>
> In the file cpu.h;
> #define BYTE_ORDER BIG_ENDIAN

yes

> In the file lib.c, I have change the two following functions...
[snip]

No need for any changes! Have a look at inet.h:
for BIG_ENDIAN you will find there define's like
   #define htons(n)  (n)

So lib.c will not be included in the linker process with big endian.

/Horst

--
Horst Garnetzke                      address@hidden
PULSAR GmbH,  Sorbenstrasse 45,   D-20537 Hamburg