lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 02:41:38 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #9384 (project lwip):

>From what I read, the pbuf allocation is the limitation why you only include
SACKs in empty ACKs? I would have thought it's the memory allocation
(calculate the SACKs on the fly and send them out directly), but reading the
patch, you added the info to the tcp pcb, so it should work.

The allocation of headers might be tricky though, especially with zero-copy
MACs where the start of the ethernet header must meed a specific alignment
requirement. You can't just move the tcp header in this case. But sending a
bunch of NOPs limits performance again...

Oh, and given the fact that only outgoing SACKs are supported, you could
change the opt.h define from "TCP_SACK" to "LWIP_TCP_SACK_OUT" (please put
"LWIP_" in front of new defines to prevent possible name clash with other
sources!).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9384>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/