lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support

From: Jakub Schmidtke
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

This patch adds partial SACK (RFC 2018) support.
It is limited to including SACK ranges in outgoing empty ACK packets.

In my tests it makes a huge performance difference for downloads over higher
latency links.
However, it does not add support for handling incoming SACK values.
It also does not include SACK ranges in outgoing packets with payload.
As such, this may not be ready to be actually included yet.

I would like to get some feedback about this.
Is it something that lwIP community would be interested in merging?
Am I doing things the right way?
Finally, would the full support be required to merge anything,
or maybe even partial support like this is useful and could be merged?

Thanks!

File Attachments:

Date: Wed 21 Jun 2017 06:47:55 PM UTC  Name: 0001-Partial-SACK-support.patch
Size: 24kB   By: jschmidtke