lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright

From: Sprow
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP Copyright
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:44:28 +0100

In article <address@hidden>,
   Bill Auerbach <address@hidden> wrote:
> Should the copyright be updated year after year?  It states the copyright
> is only from 2001 to 2004.
>
> /*
>  * Copyright (c) 2001-2004 Swedish Institute of Computer Science.

Copyright applies from the date the work was created onwards (usually for 50
years past the author's death, but varies from country to country) so it's a
bit pointless specifying a range of dates over which something is
copyrighted since the lower date would always win.

I think I'd vote against having a mass CVS update on January 1st every year!
Sprow.