Re: [Ltib] busybox 1.19.2 fails to compile mtd-utils

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] busybox 1.19.2 fails to compile mtd-utils
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 09:15:03 +0100

On 11/10/11 09:08, Stuart Hughes wrote:
On 11/10/11 07:49, Lambrecht Jürgen wrote:
On 10/09/2011 02:02 PM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for the patches, I've uploaded the content to the GPP and updated
CVS.

Stuart, when trying to unpack busybox (for bug in udhcpc), I got an md5
checksum error on the patch when downloading it from the GPP.
In attachment the md5 checksum that works for me.

Regards,
Jürgen

P.S.: soon a second busybox patch

[snip]

Hi Jurgen,

The issue is that somewhere along the process of saving the attachment and uploading it, the encoding of the author got messed up (UTF-8).

Because you already had the named file, ltib downloaded the md5 file for the (modified) file and they didn't match.

What I need to do is to re-upload the file once I figure out where the corruption occurred. I will use a new name busybox-1.19.2-ubi-user-h-1.patch to avoid any issues with people who have already downloaded this version with the bad author encoding (which will nonetheless be functional).

For now you can move your /opt/ltib/pkgs/busybox-1.19.2-ubi-user-h.patch out the way so that you don't get an error on download.

Regards, Stuart

Hi Jurgen,

I just checked again and the copy on the GPP (file and md5) seem to be correct. The file has been UTF-8 encoded to take account of the author name.

Can you check your local copy that is giving the error to see if you can see what the difference is.

Regards, Stuart