Re: [Ltib] problem on running LTIB

From: Mike Nelson
Subject: Re: [Ltib] problem on running LTIB
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:15:35 -0700

The instructions with board support package I have that uses LTIB also
strongly advised against running LTIB as root.  Here is an excerpt
from their instructions:

"You will likely encounter a build failure notifying you that you do
not have sudo permissions to execute rpm commands as root without a
password. For the LTIB install, this is required.

"Follow the instructions given in the error output to enable sudo
permissions to execute rpm commands. You must run visudo as root. You
can either do this by using sudo:

    ~/lpc3250> sudo /usr/sbin/visudo

"And type in the root password. Or you can do this by opening a root
shell and typing:

    /home/<username>/lpc3250 # visudo

"Either method will allow you to edit the sudoers file. For this
QuickStart, the following edit was added to the very end of the
sudoers file:

    <username> ALL = NOPASSWD: /bin/rpm, /opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm

"Now restart the install process by executing the perl netinstall script again."

Regards:

Mike Nelson, http://michaeltnelson.com
mobile: 1-650-291-7343
office: 1-650-257-7565