Re: [Ltib] openssl

From: Mark Bishop
Subject: Re: [Ltib] openssl
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:12:22 -0500

Also, one thing I have noticed is that the most recent version in the GPP is 0.98k but when I do a ./ltib -m listpkgs it gives lists version 0.98g. I am trying to figure out how to get the newer versions straight from the GPP in ltib (and then do a patch/spec file if need be). I am sure the procedure is in the documentation on the website. I am still sifting through it.

I guess I could just download/compile it all manually if I can't figure out how to get this to work in ltib, but it wouldn't be as fun.

And this ltib version came from a Freescale BSP. I am using the older ltib, I just want a newer openssl. Unless someone says it is a bad idea.

Quoting Mark Bishop <address@hidden>:

OpenSSL CHANGES
 _______________

 Changes between 0.9.8k and 0.9.8l  [5 Nov 2009]

  *) Disable renegotiation completely - this fixes a severe security
     problem (CVE-2009-3555) at the cost of breaking all
     renegotiation. Renegotiation can be re-enabled by setting
     SSL3_FLAGS_ALLOW_UNSAFE_LEGACY_RENEGOTIATION in s3->flags at
     run-time. This is really not recommended unless you know what
     you're doing.
     [Ben Laurie]

They have also started to release the 1.0 Beta's.

Quoting Stuart Hughes <address@hidden>:

Hi Mark,

It's always good to get updates. If you get it ported, please post your patch/spec file to the list.

BTW: what's changed for this later version?

Regards, Stuart

Mark Bishop wrote:
I am going to deploy the most recent openssl with ltib. I am going to start with the current .spec file for the version that is in there. Is this something that would be worthwhile to upload to the ltib project or should I not worry about it?