Re: [Ltib] Checking out with CVS and uploading to the GPP

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Checking out with CVS and uploading to the GPP
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:37:54 +0100

Hi Lysle,

The problem you are having is unrelated to LTIB, it is a Savannah usage problem. To resolved it you need to create a public key and upload it to your Savannah account area: https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess NOTE: I've found that once you've upload a new key it can be a couple of hours before it works through their system.

Also you should not be using 'co' to get a single file, you need to test within a complete context, use ... co ltib and from there work on the file/commit it.

You need a separate password to upload to the GPP, this is unrelated to Savannah. I will send you this separately off-line.

Regards, Stuart

Lysle Shields wrote:
I'm trying to check out files in the distribution in order to add
functionality for our platform.

When I do the command cvs -z3
-d:ext:<username>@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/ltib co
dist/lfs-5.1/u-boot/u-boot-1.3.3-lpc32xx.spec.in

I get a "Permission denied (publickey)" error.

Also, I tried to upload patch files to the bitshrine.org/gpp, but I don't
know what password to use with my email address.  Is this not linked to my
savannah account?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Lysle Shields