RE: [Ltib] Freescale 8313 installation problem

From: Newell, James C.
Subject: RE: [Ltib] Freescale 8313 installation problem
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:11:41 -0400

Yes.  I was out of date.  Thank You.

>So far as the failures:
>
>"""
> > ERROR   0002: file '/opt/ltib/usr/bin/rpm2cpio' contains an invalid
> > rpath '/opt/ltib/usr/lib' in [/opt/ltib/usr/lib]
>"""
>
>are concerned, I've seen this before if an application installs a
>~/.rpmmacros containing:
>       /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths   /usrlib/rpmcheck-buildroot
>
>Can you check if you have this, if so can you do:
>
>$ rpm -qif ~/.rpmmacros
>
>I'd like to know which package is doing this.  If that shows nothing
can
>you try to find out how it got there.

$ rpm -qif ~/.rpmmacros
file /home/newelljc/.rpmmacros is not owned by any package
$ ls -lh .rpmmacros
-rw-rw-r--. 1 newelljc newelljc 135 2009-02-28 19:58 .rpmmacros
$ cat .rpmmacros
%_topdir      %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild
%_smp_mflags  -j3
%__arch_install_post   /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths
/usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot

I definitely not sure who installed it. I will see if I can dig a little
deeper to find out.

Regards, Jim

>You need to remove this file otherwise it will interfere with the
>default behaviour of rpm.  You can replace it once LTIB has installed
>itself (if you must).
>
>Regards, Stuart
>

>Newell, James C. wrote:
>> I think he indicated it is installed on his distro:
>>
>> I found this to be true with fedora 11 too and after commenting out
>the
>> dependency in ltib I found the following:
>> address@hidden ltib]$ rpm -qa|grep rpm-build
>> rpm-build-4.7.0-1.fc11.i586
>>
>> /tmp/rpm-newelljc/BUILD/rpm-4.0.4
>> + /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot

*
>> *******
>> *
>> * WARNING: 'check-rpaths' detected a broken RPATH and will cause
>> 'rpmbuild'
>> *          to fail. To ignore these errors, you can set the
>'$QA_RPATHS'
>> *          environment variable which is a bitmask allowing the
values
>> *          below. The current value of QA_RPATHS is 0x0011.
>> *
>> *    0x0001 ... standard RPATHs (e.g. /usr/lib); such RPATHs are a
>minor
>> *               issue but are introducing redundant searchpaths
>without
>> *               providing a benefit. They can also cause errors in
>> multilib
>> *               environments.
>> *    0x0002 ... invalid RPATHs; these are RPATHs which are neither
>> absolute
>> *               nor relative filenames and can therefore be a
SECURITY
>> risk
>> *    0x0004 ... insecure RPATHs; these are relative RPATHs which are
>> *               SECURITY risk
>> *    0x0008 ... the special '$ORIGIN' RPATHs are appearing after
other
>> *               RPATHs; this is just a minor issue but usually
>unwanted
>> *    0x0010 ... the RPATH is empty; there is no reason for such
RPATHs