Re: [Ltib] Re: NEW LTIB...and Full Toolchain build....

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Re: NEW LTIB...and Full Toolchain build....
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 02:01:04 -0400

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 08:08 +0100, Steve Papacharalambous wrote:

If  you _really_ want to rebuild the toolchain then the source rpm is
available from the gpp:
http://www.bitshrine.org/gpp/tc-fsl-x86lnx-e500-dp-4.2.171-2.src.rpm

The source rpm contains all the build scripts and sources (with the
exception of the standard FSF source archives).  The build scripts will
look for the standard FSF source archives in: "/opt/freescale/pkgs"

Best regards,

Steve

Steve/Stuart,

If I *really* want to build a toolchain for ARM Cortex-A8 with NEON support from scratch, using a later toolchain than the 4.1.2 on bitshrine.org, then I'm guessing I need to grab the tc-fsl-x86lnx-armeabi-nptl-4.1.2-3.src.rpm, but I'm a bit unclear on how to tweak/edit the RPM spec file to update the BINUTILS/GCC/GLIBC versions to later than 2.17/4.1.2/2.5, as well as execute the RPM (and where the FSF sources are expected) to build the toolchain into an RPM that is usable by LTIB.

Any suggestions (and perhaps the answer should be added to the FAQ)?

Thanks in advance!