[Ltib] LTIB IMX27 ADS - INTEGRATION OF QTOPIA 4.3.0 - media player is no

From: Selso LIBERADO
Subject: [Ltib] LTIB IMX27 ADS - INTEGRATION OF QTOPIA 4.3.0 - media player is not generated (compile, rpm ...)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:22:32 +0200

Hello !

I am in integration of qtopia-4 package delivered by freescale for imx27ads.
All steps have been checked
1 .config/userspace/package.lkc has qtopia features (see 1 at bottom):
2. ./dist/lfs-5.1/common/pkgmap has qtopia-4 entry (i added it)
3. .dist/lfs-5.1/qtopia/qtopia-4.spec is written. I printf here the interesting lines at (3 see at bottom).

In ltib configuration i select qtopia packages with all features to compile (in particular media player) and i select gstreamer media engine, so I have theses lines in plateform configuration file (see 2).
At generation all qtopia and qtopia apps are generated except the media player ! But no compilation error !

Therefore I am using --leavesrc to check qtopia config files and I see it in rpm/BUILD/qtopia-opensource-4.3.0/ltibqtopiaconfig  :
export EXTRA_QPE_CONFIG="... -no-qtopiamedia ...". So I understand that there is a problem passing env variables from ltib conf environnment to qtopia-4.spec file.
Actually I do not know if such thing can be done in ltib spec file.

Here are som correction I have made :
1. qtopia-4.spec : add '$' to symbol PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_GSTREAMER
2. package.lkc : delete blank line (in ltib config when i called for help in this section symbol was not found).

After that I cleaned (rm rpm/BUILD/... rpm/RPMS/...) and restart generation, but media player is still not generated because of ltibqtopiaconfig.
So I tried adding prefix 'CONFIG_' in qtopia-4 spec file to check if symbol name must not be as in .config file. But it is still not working.

Know I force the Q_MEDIA_CONFIG option to generate mediaplay and it is OK.

Problem for me is in qtopia-4.spec file, using .conf env variables, but I don't know what to do more !
Any idea is welcome :) !
Many thanks.

(1){
choice
    depends PKG_QTOPIA_4
    prompt "Media player engine"
    default PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_GSTREAMER
    help
      Choose the media engine which the Qtopia audio/video player will use.
    config PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_NONE
        bool "No media engine"
    "THERES IS A BLANK LINE HERE"
    config PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_GSTREAMER
        select PKG_GSTREAMER_CORE
        bool "GStreamer media engine"
        help
          Qtopia will use the GStreamer plugin framework for its media player.
endchoice
}

(2)
{
#
# Qtopia
#
CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_4=y
CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_TSLIB=y
# CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_NONE is not set
CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_GSTREAMER=y

#
# Applications
#
CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_APP_MEDIAPLAYER=y
CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_APP_MEDIARECORDER=y
}

(3)
{
if [ -n $CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_NONE ]; then
       Q_MEDIA_CONFIG="-no-qtopiamedia"
elif [ -n CONFIG_PKG_QTOPIA_WANT_MEDIA_GSTREAMER ]; then
       Q_MEDIA_CONFIG="-mediaengines gstreamer"
fi
}