[Ltib] non root installation

From: maxime louvel
Subject: [Ltib] non root installation
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:49:21 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to install ltib on a server where I can't get a root access.
It has seemed feasible to me to do that with the fakeroot command and some script modifications.
I have changed the bdir directory in the ltib script  (from /opt to /home/maxime/opt) and remove the check_sudo call.

Among that I have tried a few other things that seem less relevant but none has worked.
My first question is do you know if it is possible to do what I want ?
If yes how ?

It seems to that their is somewhere some absolute reference to the /opt directory.
Of course as a normal user I can't write anything on this directory...

thanks,
Maxime

--
Maxime Louvel