[Ltib] Multi-user LTIB

From: Ken Gilmer
Subject: [Ltib] Multi-user LTIB
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:31:16 -0500

Hello :)

We use LTIB extensively and it is working well for us. Once pain point we have is that we have one build machine that is rather expensive/fast that multiple users are building on. AFAIK LTIB stores some state in machine-global locations (such as /opt/ freescale). While we haven't been burned yet I'd sleep easier at night if all state for ltib was kept inside it's install directory, insuring that two different users didn't clobber each other. I've played around with variables in the script but my modifications cause LTIB to break. Is there a recommended approach or strategy to safely keeping LTIB instances isolated on a given machine?

thanks
ken