Re: [Ltib] Reg - Printer Support for IMX31

From: giovanniangeli
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Reg - Printer Support for IMX31
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:09:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Sivakumar.R.J,

I have fronted something similar for a project that is in standby, at the
moment.
The way I tried is to use "gutenprint" suite of drivers.
I arm-cross-compiled it and started testing. The problem is that is very
poorely documented
for a direct usage (without CUPS infrastructure or GIMP).

It could be useful for you to look at:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1649374&forum_id=4359

The best thing, I think, is to focus on a family of printers and use the driver
from the gutenprint package.

Bye.