lout-users

Re: Gaps in some @Math symbols?

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Gaps in some @Math symbols?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 14:27:51 +1100

Colin Klipsch wrote:
> Under the new v3.37, I'm seeing small gaps in some of the @Math
> symbols that are composed from simpler glyphs...

Colin, I viewed your own PostScript file (gaps.ps) here and also
printed it out.  I saw no gaps at all.

I think you have a font substitution problem.  The definition
of blpar in mathf is

  def blpar     { @OneRow {parenlefttp    ^/ parenleftex    / parenleftbt   } }

and these three bits come from the Adobe Systems Symbol font, e.g.

  def parenlefttp     { @Sym @Char "parenlefttp" }

So I think you need to look into where the Symbol font is
taken from on your system when you view and print.

The definition of blpar did not change between @Eq and @Math.
The definition of parenlefttp etc. did change, but not in a
way that would change its value.

Jeff