lout-users

Re: Version 3.37... (prg2lout crash)

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Version 3.37... (prg2lout crash)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:58:04 +1100

> 38,17: fatal error: failure (non-zero status) of filter:
> prg2lout -r -lC -ilouti1 -olout1 -elout.err -t8 -T8s

I think the three files mentioned (louti1, lout1, and lout.err)
should still be there after the crash.  It might be worth looking
into them to see if there are any clues there.  But the output
file is buffered so I expect it will be empty, or anyway that
it will end at an irrelevant early point.  You could try adding

    fflush(out_fp)

at the end of procedure Emit (prg2lout.c line 4272) as a way
of seeing how much output had been generated at the crash point.
Perhaps at the end of EmitRaw() and EmitTab() as well.

Even if we do eventually fix this problem, I think I will
change that error from fatal to non-fatal, and get Lout
to substitute an empty object for the missing result
of the filter, or ?? or something.

Jeff