lout-users

Re: Lout on Mac OS X

From: Dave Baldwin
Subject: Re: Lout on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:27:41 +0100

On 19 Apr 2007, at 08:47, Mark Summerfield wrote:

On Thu 19-Apr-07, Kein-Hong Man wrote:
Jeff Kingston wrote:
Kein-Hong Man wrote:
Viewing on Ghostscript/Gsview (Win32) failed for me on several
pages...

Any chance of investigating why?  I'm hamstrung here because
everything works for me and I have nothing to go on.  Frustrating.

I will try to poke at it over the weekend. It looks like the
failures are with the patterns thingy.

If you mean that the problem is _textures_ you can try switching them
off at the command line using the -t option. At least that might help
narrow down where the problem lies.

Trying this gave the same results on Mac OS X using Preview to do the ps to pdf conversion.

Dave.

I vaguely know all the PS
and PDF stuff, but since I have little experience debugging PS
code, I will try to first compare the 3.35 output with an older
version that works and also look at what Ghostscript spits out. I
usually manually browse through all the PS and PDF documents that
I generate for the SF packages, so I think there are no problems
with older versions <= 3.33.

Will report to the list there is usable progress.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu