lout-users

Re: Jeff's new programming language

From: Giovanni Zezza
Subject: Re: Jeff's new programming language
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:19:12 +0200

Il Mon, 08 Apr 2002 08:37:57 +1000, Jeff Kingston scriveva:

>  > When will you publish the language?  (GPL? (Maintainer J.K.))
>
>When it's implemented.  It will be GPL licenced as usual.

This aroses a usual problem of mine about GPL licence: what exactly is
supposed to be "a work based on the Program"?

A program that generates Lout (or Nonpareil) code (for example, from a
database), and then launches Lout on it to get a report, has to be
considered "a work based on Lout"? I have to distribute it under GPL too?
To me it seems it shouldn't be so (otherwise I think I had to release
myself under GPL, for I write Lout code too), but I'm really confused about
this.

Ciao.