lout-users

Re: Jeff's new programming language

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Jeff's new programming language
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 19:46:38 +0200

Le mardi 16 avril 2002, à 08:38 , Efraim Yawitz a écrit :

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Jeff Kingston wrote:

(Do you have names for both?)

I've chosen the name Nonpareil.

If I can put in my $.02, I like meaningless names (like Emacs, for
example) because you can search the web for them.

Well, it's actually not meaningless to me. I'm French and 'non' and 'pareil' are the equivalent of 'not' and 'same' in English. So this would be 'not the same'. I like that, and salute the effort not to use only English in science ;)

 -- Sébastien.

--
«My friends says we're like the dinosaurs, only we are doing
ourselves in much faster than they ever did.»