lout-users

Re: Plain text output

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Plain text output
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:34:04 +0400

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 16:55:12 +0200, RaЗl NЗЯez de Arenas Coronado wrote:

> I only wanted to get the text for being able to do some text search
> on it. It doesn't matter if I cannot get proper format...

ps2ascii?

> What surprises me is the error. I thought that no matter the source
> you can always get a plaintext approximation.

Well, you can try disabling TOC, references, index etc.  You want to
make narrow margins etc (plain text pages are very narrow).  IOW, you
want to simplify the document as much as possible.  That might or
might not help.

PS: Damn!  I didn't notice that User's Guide uses Letter paper.  And I
was wondering why the hell I get so big top margins in the distilled
PDF (set to A4)...

SY, Uwe