lout-users

Plain text output

From: Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado
Subject: Plain text output
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:50:30 +0200

    Hello Valeriy :)

>> I only wanted to get the text for being able to do some text search
>> on it. It doesn't matter if I cannot get proper format...
>ps2ascii?

    I use pstotext, but I wanted to test the plain text backend of
lout. Anyway, my humble oppinion is that backend doesn't worth the
effort, since it's sometimes easier to transform PS files to any
other formats, using other tools. They're useful, but really don't
needed.

>> What surprises me is the error. I thought that no matter the source
>> you can always get a plaintext approximation.
>Well, you can try disabling TOC, references, index etc.  You want to
>make narrow margins etc (plain text pages are very narrow).  IOW, you
>want to simplify the document as much as possible.  That might or
>might not help.

    Yes, of course, but it's easier to run pstotext ;)))

    Thanks for the help and the suggestions :)
    Raúl