lout-users

Re: Little PDF hack

From: Michael Piotrowski
Subject: Re: Little PDF hack
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 21:49:29 +0100 (MET)

> Great.  I was thinking about embedding pdfmark into lout but never had
> enough time.

Well, in fact I should be doing something else, too...

> > By the way, what would be the right way to implement this?  Would you make
> > versions of docf, reportf, bookf, and slidesf (say, docf_pdf, etc.)?
>
> Adobe's pdfmark spec show how to hide pdfmark from PS interpreters
> that don't understand it, if this is what you mean.

No, what I meant was the following:  If I want hyperlinked cross references,
etc., I have to replace the original definitions of the relevant statements
(e.g., @Section) with new versions which output the appropriate pdfmarks.  My
question is now, what is the best way to do this?

On that other point (hiding pdfmark from interpreters that don't understand
it),
in fact I use @PrependGraphic to include the code recommended in Adobe TN5150.
I didn't post it to keep things simple.

--
Michael Piotrowski                         <address@hidden>
Department of Computational Linguistics --- University of Erlangen, Germany