lout-users

Re: Little PDF hack

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Little PDF hack
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 23:13:20 +0300

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 08:31:43PM +0100, Michael Piotrowski wrote:

Great.  I was thinking about embedding pdfmark into lout but never had
enough time.

> If I distill the resulting PostScript, I get a PDF file with a nice
> clickable link.

More over, gsview PostScript viewer for win32 is pfdmark-aware, so if
you embed pdfmark'ed links you'll get, say, hyperrefs from TOC, xrefs
and indices to appropriate places without distilling the postscript.

> By the way, what would be the right way to implement this?  Would you make
> versions of docf, reportf, bookf, and slidesf (say, docf_pdf, etc.)?

Adobe's pdfmark spec show how to hide pdfmark from PS interpreters
that don't understand it, if this is what you mean.

Thanks.

SY, Uwe