lmi

Re: [lmi] libtool and _putenv

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] libtool and _putenv
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:18:17 +0100

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:47:05 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2016-01-25 15:05, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> >  So you need to explicitly remove ltmain.sh before rerunning autogen.sh
GC> > which will update the local ltmain.sh which will then be used by configure
GC> > to generate the updated libtool.
GC>
GC> I wanted to use (and show here) a simple command that would remove the
GC> autotools artifacts, but they include a new directory and some files
GC> added to an existing directory...so I just removed lmi and checked out
GC> a fresh copy from svn: crude but robust.

 FWIW git has a nice "git clean" command which can be used to avoid having
to ever do this. It's not a big deal but just another thing why dealing
with svn is so difficult after working with git: it's really, really crude.

GC> >  Now it really should work, please let me know if I'm still missing
GC> > anything!
GC>
GC> Yes...but where are the DLLs?

 Sorry, it looks like the libtool warnings were not so harmless after all.
I didn't even realize it (because lmi_wx executable did work, after all),
but it has decided to create only static versions of the libraries because
of them.

 I'm looking at fixing this, but, as usual with libtool, nothing is easy
and so far I don't see how to do it. I don't know how urgent is this
problem considering that, once again, things do work even right now, but
I'll try to find a solution soon unless you tell me not to bother.

VZ