lmi

Re: [lmi] Cross-compiling lmi from Linux to MSW

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Cross-compiling lmi from Linux to MSW
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:58:42 +0000

On 2016-01-25 13:28, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 04:54:16 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> We've made some changes to the procedures you outlined, so let me
> GC> document what I've been doing on various machines here.
> [...163 lines snipped...]
>
>  FWIW all this looks good to me (which doesn't mean much, of course,
> considering how many mistakes I made in my original instructions...).
> Would it make sense to package all this as some install_linux.sh script or
> is it nor worth it because not many people are going to use it?

Many people will use it. There's 'greg' on this old machine, running
debian-7. Then there's 'greg' on the debian-8 installation on this
same machine. And 'greg' on the debian-8 VM on both, so we're up to
four users on this one machine (or three distinct users because the
VM is shared). Then there's the new machine, where again everyone is
named 'greg'. It's kind of like my own Jacquerie; maybe I should
specify each one's full name as 'Gregoire Bonhomme'.

So we definitely want to package this in a useful way. But I think
makefiles would be best, as this is what 'make' is designed for.
And we already have makefiles; I just need to port them. I've seen
enough of autotools to know I want 'make' for lmi's own code.