lmi

Re[4]: [lmi] Allow direct drill-down editing in census manager

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[4]: [lmi] Allow direct drill-down editing in census manager
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 00:25:19 +0200

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:27:14 +0200 Vaclav Slavik <address@hidden> wrote:

VS> On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:48 +0200, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
VS> > wxDataViewCtrl also looks better, especially under non-MSW platforms
VS> > (it doesn't have native implementation for the main part of the
VS> > control under MSW), but the main reason to choose it would be to be
VS> > able to allow for hierarchical structure.
VS>
VS> For me, the main reason is that it looks more native even on Windows.

 That's not really the case (it is similar enough to the native wxListCtrl
to make you forget that it's not one, really, which is irksome) but it
could be corrected.

VS> Also, wxDataViewCtrl-based CensusView will be very similar to the
VS> current UI, I think that's a plus.

 Yes.

 FWIW I definitely agree with using wxDataViewCtrl, I just was trying to
describe the possibilities. As I see it now, wxDataViewCtrl is better than
wxListCtrl because all the cells (and not just the first one) need to be
editable and it's better than wxGrid because of the reasons you gave and,
equally, importantly, I don't think we need any wxGrid-only features (such
as overlapping/merged cells) here.

 Regards,
VZ