lmi

Re: Re[2]: [lmi] Allow direct drill-down editing in census manager

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [lmi] Allow direct drill-down editing in census manager
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 23:27:14 +0200

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:48 +0200, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> wxDataViewCtrl also looks
> better, especially under non-MSW platforms (it doesn't have native
> implementation for the main part of the control under MSW), but the
> main reason to choose it would be to be able to allow for hierarchical
> structure.

For me, the main reason is that it looks more native even on Windows.
And where it doesn't, it's going to be fixed, because unlike wxGrid,
wxDataViewCtrl clearly should look as much as wxListCtrl as possible.
There are also numerous 3rd party implementations of such a control
(there's on in Qt and you can find plenty of ActiveX, WinForms or WPF
components for it), so it's something people are accustomed to.

Also, wxDataViewCtrl-based CensusView will be very similar to the
current UI, I think that's a plus.

In fact, I didn't even realize there could be any disagreement here and
already started rewriting CensusView to use wxDataViewCtrl. I didn't get
very far yet because of other distractions (such as the input sequence
entry bugs), though.

Regards,
Vaclav