lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] the rest of MSVC compilation patch

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] the rest of MSVC compilation patch
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:31:31 +0200

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:23:22 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Your patch to 'alert.cpp': committed 20080822T0019Z.
GC> I also changed a MessageBox() call in 'alert_wx.cpp'.

 Thanks! I'll try to test the rest of the patch a.s.a.p.

GC> What about other msw system calls such as the following?
GC>
GC> msw_workarounds.cpp:    if(0 == ::LoadLibrary(dll_name.c_str())))
GC> msw_workarounds.cpp:    if(0 ==
::FreeLibrary(::GetModuleHandle(dll_name.c_str()
GC> system_command_non_wx.cpp:    ::CreateProcess

 If dll_name here is a wxString, this would work, albeit not in the most
efficient/straightforward way (but still correct). If dll_name is
std::string, then it wouldn't and LoadLibraryA() and GetModuleHandleA()
should be used.

GC> The compiler we use in production, MinGW gcc, doesn't support
GC> std::wstring, BTW.

 Hmm, does it just fail to define wstring typedef or does it have real
problems with instantiating std::basic_string<wchar>?

 Thanks,
VZ