lmi

Re: [lmi] Should wxScrolledWindow be scrollable in 'policy_view.xrc'?

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] Should wxScrolledWindow be scrollable in 'policy_view.xrc'?
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:54:14 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 22:32 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
>   <object class="wxScrolledWindow">
>       <scrollrate>0,10</scrollrate>
>
> This doesn't seem to work for me: I see no scroller. The child
> I should mention that I'm using wxWidgets-2.8.7 on msw, and that

The <scrollrate> property was added in 2.8.8 as part of my fixes for the
new product editor. Looking at the changelog, I believe the following
items fixed in 2.8.8 affect policy_view.xrc too:

- Added <scrollrate> parameter to wxScrolledWindow XRC handler.
- When focus is set to wxScrolledWindow child, scroll it into view.

And probably also:

- Added wxWindow::ClientToWindowSize() and WindowToClientSize() helpers.
- Added wxSizer::ComputeFittingClientSize() and
  ComputeFittingWindowSize().
- Fixed wxSizer::SetSizeHints() to work when the best size decreases.

I say "probably", because it's been a while and I'm not sure what
changesets were involved in fixing scrollable views anymore. If you
prefer to stay at 2.8.7 and apply (more) patches to it, I'll find the
minimal diff; upgrading to 2.8.8 is the easiest fix from my perspective,
of course.

Regards,
Vaclav