lmi

Re: [lmi] Toward a consistent naming convention [Was: Code review: produ

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Toward a consistent naming convention [Was: Code review: product editor]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 01:12:48 +0100

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:06:23 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC>  - We're going to have a mixture of styles for wx-derived classes:
GC>      class ViewEx
GC>          :public wxView                      // wxMixedCase
GC>          ,virtual private boost::noncopyable // lower_case
GC>      {
GC>      virtual wxIcon Icon() const = 0;        // wxMixedCase
GC>    I don't think it reasonable to try to force consistency here
GC>    ['typedef wxView wx_view;'? No!].

 FWIW wxTNG will probably use wx::View naming convention (i.e. Pascal
naming convention inside "wx" namespace). So if you wanted to have typedefs
for wxWidgets classes it would be probably better to define them inside wx
namespace and remove the "wx" suffix. But I do agree that globally renaming
classes like this is not a good idea anyhow.

 Regards,
VZ