lmi

RE: [lmi] Code review: product editor

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: RE: [lmi] Code review: product editor
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:02:50 -0400

Greg Chicares wrote:
> On 2007-3-20 10:51 UTC, Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:
> [...]
> > I tried to create a patch for each commit. I will send it archived to
> > your personal email.
>
> [...]
> 20070316T1111Z_remove_dummy_menu.patch
>
> I added a 'TODO' marker: some menus have no menuitems, and we should
> remove them unless we can think of menuitems that they should have.
> Wendy, any thoughts?

Considering the long term strategy of converting these files to xml may
deem these ideas only good for the short term implementation, but I'll
offer them anyway.

Today, we rely on the old legacy system to convert .db4 files to flat
text files, which are used for regression testing our products. It'd
be really nice to have that option available for the 'Database' menu.
All other files can be viewed in a text editor, so they don't need
a special menu.

It'd be nice to clean up the toolbar icon enablement for the commands
that are really available for the new files, which is actually very few.
Discussions in the office turned up a few more enhancement ideas with
the toolbar, if you're interested in those. It'd be useful to:
  use print and print preview with the new files
  disable all icons to the right of 'properties'

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.