liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Mac OS X version packaged

From: Drew Engelbrecht
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Mac OS X version packaged
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:04:38 -0500

Wow, I've been waiting for someone to do this for a very long time. Your efforts are much appreciated. =)

~Drew

On Feb 12, 2005, at 5:20 AM, Dave Vasilevsky wrote:

Hello to all,

I just committed a liquidwar package to the Fink distribution (http://fink.sf.net). An OS X user can now simply install Fink, enable the unstable distribution (http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php?phpLang=en#unstable), and then type 'fink install liquidwar', and it should install. I'd appreciate some testing.

The only changes I had to make were:

1. Adding -DALLEGRO_UNIX to CFLAGS.
2. Adding #define ALLEGRO_USE_CONSOLE in liquidwar{map,tex,col}.c . In concert with my patch to Allegro, this stops these programs from trying to use the OS X Dock each time they are run.

I also made a packaged binary of Liquid War for OS X. You just have to unzip it and you get a double-clickable application. Waves are turned off by default, since without the assembly code LW runs kinda slow. And oooh, I fixed up the icon with a shiny drop shadow :-)

I don't have enough bandwidth to host this for wide release. For now, you can get it from the Coral cache at http://vasi.webhop.org.nyud.net:8090/files/LiquidWar.zip . I would appreciate if someone could mirror it somewhere better, so I could release it on VersionTracker and MacUpdate where the Mac community will be able to find it. Once it's on a mirror, feel free to link to it from the Liquid War home page.

Thanks to all the developers of Liquid War--finally a LAN game I like.

Dave Vasilevsky