liquidwar-user

[liquidwar-user] Re: liquid war server registering problem

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [liquidwar-user] Re: liquid war server registering problem
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:58:13 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 10:21:49PM -0000, Christopher Orr wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In your metaserver PHP script, you use REMOTE_ADDR to fetch the server's IP
> address, but this incorrectly shows for those (like me) whose web traffic
> goes through a transparent proxy, REMOTE_ADDR returns the web proxy IP
> address.  This means I can't properly register my server on your site! :(
> PHP uses HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR to retrieve the true IP instead of the
> proxy's.
mmm, I see...

> As far as I can see, you probably just need to alter
> metaserver_register/write, for example:
>
> $ip = $GLOBALS['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] ? $GLOBALS['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] :
> $GLOBALS['REMOTE_ADDR'];
> $address = db_quote($ip, METASERVER_SIZE_ADDRESS);
>
> I think this should fix it in most cases, though I'm sure you can easily
> work out any problems with this! :)
OK, well, I applied the changes you suggested on the CVS source tree,
and also put the files "in production" on www.ufoot.org, so you might
test it by now. Please tell me if it works better, and thanks for the
bug-fix!

Oh, and BTW, I'm online by now, and for a bunch of hours, if anyone
wants to play, I'm ready!

Have a nice day,

Christian.

PS: I send a copy of this reply to the LW mailing list, just to inform
people...

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>     __/\__ ___