Re: [Linphone-developers] Caller ID display question

From: Leland Green
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Caller ID display question
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 17:55:12 -0500

Hi David,

Have a look at this script: https://github.com/Gui13/linphone/blob/master/tools/python/linphone-daemon.py

I did not write this and have not used it, but I had good luck starting with another Linphone Python example. It shows how to run from the command line and in the background (you'd have to start with "sudo python linphone-daemon.py &", I think).

You do have access to incoming call information, and I think you should be able to handle a sort of caller-id. The script that I derived from the other example is in my security camera project here: https://github.com/lelandg/Raspberry-Pi-Security-Camera I think you may need to combine the "security" features of this where it checks the list of callers to see if the incoming is in that list. If not, it does not answer. Instead of not answering, you want it to display the information.

Hope this helps,
Leland...