Re: MIDI format and MIDI resolution

From: Giles Boardman
Subject: Re: MIDI format and MIDI resolution
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 09:19:31 +0000

Indeed, Martin. But I am more of a troubadour than a musician and more of a business analyst than a programmer, so I have cobbled together some "utilities" that help me make music from assorted midi files and long before I understood the role I might make LilyPond play I choose a midi resolution and it isn't 384. I believe ABC2MIDI also outputs at a fixed resolution, though I could be wrong. So, you're right, my "software" doesn't conform to the MIDI standard, but it doesn't really need to because it has a user group of one. Best Giles