Spacing of chords on a chord lead sheet

From: Raphael Mankin
Subject: Spacing of chords on a chord lead sheet
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 21:54:00 +0100

I have generated a chord lead sheet for a bass player with just the chords on it (\chordMode, no notes). After some fiddling I got the bar lines and repeats printed.

However, the chord names are mono-spaced; they are not spaced according to their durations. So that if, for instance, I have {ef2 ef4:maj7 ef4:7} then each symbol occupies the same amount of space on the line. The first chord does not occupy double the space of the other two.

Is there a way of getting proportional spacing?