Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 12:35:46 +1100

Hi Harm,

This is great, thanks. Spent all morning trying to figure out why --disable-werror with configure would not work. Just the wrong flag. Now that I am aware of my stupidity I have been able to build from the code in the git repo with no problem at all. I have been through all this a while ago. One of these days I will learn to take notes and write it all down!

For any others interested, I did:

git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/guile.git
cd guile
git checkout release_1-8-8
./autogen.sh (this step is not mentioned in the readme's etc)
./configure -disable-error-on-warning
make
sudo make install

Andrew