Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Guile for building lilypond on Ubuntu18.10
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 23:51:56 -0500

On Sat 23 Mar 2019 at 14:01:59 (+1100), Andrew Bernard wrote:
> Are you meaning to insult me with this comment Saul? Does not seem
> justified.

Well, Saul's original comment was a reply to my post, not yours.
It attempted to answer my implied question about the necessary
location of guile libraries. It might have been more polite to
prefix your comment with "Thanks, but".

I didn't realise you were writing a general guide to anything.
Nor do I know whether you have to *build* guile in order to
build LP, which is what was in your OP. (Obviously it's different
when you want the debugging symbols included in guile itself.)

> On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 13:19, Saul Tobin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > My WSL runs Ubuntu, so I would have guessed the guile install directory is
> > the same. Either way, sorry for posting information that might be useful to
> > others reading the mailing list.

Cheers,
David.